Jezreel's Tower


Yesterday at work I received an email from our property consultancy, offering a potential plot of land in Gillingham for our expanding business. If one overlooks the many scary people that live there, I like the medway towns for their heady brew of naval history. The property particulars piqued my attention, as they mentioned that the barren plot of land on offer had once been the site of Jezreel's Tower - which I googled. It turned out to be quite an excellent story.

The photo above is of the tower, quite a forbidding looking place in its dereliction, one can almost imagine the lightning crackling overhead. Interestingly, the land on which it stood (which is in a very valuable position) has remained empty since it was demolished - I wonder if local superstition has stopped people building there? And if we built a business there, would we summon up some rather rubbish ghosts? The history would at least make a good basis for a sort of underwhelmingly british Da Vinci Code.


4 comments:

Gareth Williams said...

'Quite an excellent story'. Great material there for someone. It's surprising no-one's written about it already.

Gareth Williams said...

Typo'd the last one.

Just wanted to say, BTW, you're on a fine and stimulating run right now. Great stuff, day after day.

worm said...

Thanks Gaw! That means a lot to me! To have people as excellently intelligent as you and Brit reading my blog and commenting is a real honor and encourages me to keep improving!

Susan said...

You sure that's not somewhere in Egypt?