Photochrome



I really like this photo - it's spooky and I just immediately think ' This would have made a great Hitchcock film poster'
the above image is a photochrome of an ice cave in the alps - we've all seen them, those ghostly edwardian postcards of stained brown days, the strange granular clarity of the images; their sinister childlike colours that bleed and warp.

Photochromes seem similar in their 'hyper-reality' to the current trend for tilt-shifting, which has been all over the web for ages now and which is just beginning to seep into the mainstream of TV and press ads. I've read the description of how they do it a few times now, and I'm still not really sure I understand totally!




I like this photo because it looks like the ultimate dream Subbuteo kit I never had.



0 comments: