Worm on Westminster I


Over here, Brit wonders about the impending election. I must say the one thing that has got my interest up is the thought of these televised debates - not because I think either of them is going to say or do anything remarkable, but whether or not a performance (or more likely, lack of) could be the thing that swings people one way or the other. I am slightly worried that Cameron will continue to display his (very real) vacuousness in the debates and may play the whole thing comfortably back into Brown's limp hands. There was certainly plenty of talk in my local pub on the weekend of a feeling of an impending labour victory - not due to Brown's ability, but all hinging on Cameron's disasterous lack of conservative conviction.

5 comments:

Gadjo Dilo said...

"Worm on Westminster" is an excellent title for a late evening politics discussion slot on BBC2. I'm starved of info about these elections, so thanks. Are the liberals completely useles these days too?

worm said...

oooh I quite fancy my own late night discussion show on BBC2. It would mostly feature people looking confused and/or ashamed

when you say 'these days' are you harkening after a time when the Liberals weren't useless? Did this time ever exist?

Susan said...

Yes, the W lends itself to all sorts of subjects - worm on women, worm on the weather, worm on Wednesday, worm on worms, worm on weligion... Perhaps you should take over from Wossy?

worm said...

'Worm on women' would be a very lightweight programme indeed, and besides, us worms know better than to mess with birds

Gadjo Dilo said...

This truly is gathering momentum. Simply "Worm On" (along the lines of Vision On) would be worth watching.

William Ewart Gladstone wasn't useless he was well 'ard.