Here we go again...



Turns out we may never get any clear thinking on the drug debate, as they have fired a chap for actually telling the truth. Even more ironic is the way that they sacked him for being 'overtly political' - even though it is they who are being political by continuing to treat drugs as a subject that can only be approached with emotion rather than reason. I'm not a total 'legalize it' champion, but I've been around enough drugs to know that what this man was saying is the truth, even if it is unpalatable to some.

3 comments:

Gareth Williams said...

In my experience of mixing with all types (just like Prince Charles) I'm always struck that when the talk turns to drugs the majority of people are legalisers. Not a free for all, but a licensed, prescription form of legalisation. I think it's partly because drugs, a bit like race, has become something that involves their own family and friends. They're quite wised up about it.

I wish a decent, high-profile politician would take a risk and campaign for drug legalisation. I guess they're all shitting themselves about what the Mail would say. But there could be quite a surprising popular response.

worm said...

here's hoping that boris may be that man....??

I think once the last lot of of the mail-reading war generation die out we may be ready to change the way we look at drugs

worm said...
This comment has been removed by the author.